AA Insurance 'Big Little Sponsorship' Competition Terms and Conditions
1. AGREEMENT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering The Big Little Sponsorship Competition (“the Competition”), the entrant, or the entrant’s parent/legal guardian (if the entrant is under 18 years of age), agrees to accept the following Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
AA Insurance Limited (“AAI”) has developed this Competition to support grassroots sport at a deserving Auckland primary school.
The Competition will run from 9am, Monday 29 July 2019 until 11:59pm, Saturday 1 September 2019. There is no fee to enter the Competition.
To be eligible to enter the Competition, an entrant must:
a) be a New Zealand resident,
b) be 18 years of age or older and have completed the entry form including accepting these Terms and Conditions of the Competition.
c) if you are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must have filled out their details on the entry form including accepting the Terms and Conditions of the Competition;
d) not be an employee of, or immediate family to an employee of, AAI, The New Zealand Automobile Association Limited and its subsidiaries, NZAA District Councillors, Suncorp NZ Employees Limited, Vero Insurance New Zealand Ltd or the Eden Park Trust.
4. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
a) Each eligible entrant can only make one nomination.
b) If the same person has made multiple nominations, only the first nomination made will be counted.
c) An Auckland primary school can be nominated more than once as long as each nomination has been made by a separate eligible entrant with a separate email address.
d) The 2018 winners Papakura Normal School, are not eligible to win
e) An eligible entrant may place a nomination for their selected Auckland primary school by completing all fields on the specified entry form on AAI’s website, which is available at aainsurance.co.nz/big-little.
f) If the entrant chooses to upload a photo of the nominated Auckland primary school, the entrant, or the entrant’s parent/guardian (if the entrant is under 18 years of age), must ensure that consent for the photo’s use has been granted by all of the people that are featured in the photo (including the consent of the parents/guardians of any people aged under 18 years of age) before it is uploaded onto AAI’s website.
Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions or that are incomplete, unclear or untrue will be invalid.
a. $10,000 worth of sports gear;.
b. A school field makeover by the Eden Park grounds people team. This includes an initial school field condition assessment, fertilising, mowing and painting. Additional improvements are up to the discretion of Eden Park and will be discussed with the winning school.
c. A VIP tour of Eden Park in Auckland for 20 students and teachers from the nominated primary school.
d. A reveal party at the nominated primary school, with a visit from campaign ambassador, Keven Mealamu during the school week 4 November 2019 – 8 November 2019 (date to be confirmed with the winning primary school.) (“Prize”)
Should the Prize Winner elect to have sporting equipment included in the school filed makeover, the value of this equipment (for example, rugby posts) shall be deducted from the $10,000 worth of sports equipment included in the Prize.
The winner of the Prize will be an Auckland primary school nominated by an eligible entrant and selected by a panel of judges, consisting of representatives from AAI, Eden Park Trust and campaign ambassador, Keven Mealamu (“Prize Winner”). The judges will select the Prize Winner at their sole discretion and will evaluate the nominations with reference to, but not limited by, the following criteria:
- General eligibility
- Primary School is located in Auckland
- No current sport related sponsorships in place
- Strength of nomination
- Number of unique nominations the primary school receives
- How compelling and genuine the primary school’s story is – how much sporting equipment and upgraded turf would help.
- Value of winning
- How the prize could help overcome challenges the primary school currently faces when running sports activities.
The Prize Winner will be selected by 12 September 2019 and will contacted by phone on the number provided to AAI on the entry form. If, after making reasonable attempts, AAI cannot contact the Prize Winner by phone within 48 hours, the Prize Winner will no longer be eligible to receive the Prize and the judges will select another Auckland primary school on the same terms and conditions, until a winner is successfully contacted. The Prize is non-transferrable, and will not be exchanged, or redeemed for cash. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, AAI, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize).
AAI reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Competition, refuse to award the Prize or any part of the Prize or to award the Prize to another entrant selected at the sole discretion of AAI, where it considers that an entry was invalid or has not complied with these terms and conditions.
6. CONSENT TO PARTICPATION
By entering the Competition each entrant and (if the entrant is under 18 years of age, their parent(s)/guardian(s), agrees and acknowledges:
• that by uploading or submitting content (such as text, data, images, photos or names) (“Content”) in the entry form or to AAIs website, you acknowledge that you have the right to use, upload and/or submit the Content and you grant AAI the right to use, copy, modify, publish, or otherwise distribute that Content, as well as any personal information that may be included in the Content for any purpose (such as, but not limited to, marketing and promotional materials, and in any media) as AAI determines. The licence you grant AAI is perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferrable, and AAI will not be required to obtain your permission for any such use or attribute any Content to you, at any time.
• that AAI, or its advertising agencies may use and re-use for reasonable pre-and post-event publicity and advertising, online and in other media content and entrant information, such as their names, photographs, film and video footage of the winner and their guests taken by or on behalf of AAI (copyright in which vests in AAI),
• that no royalty, remuneration or other payment whatsoever is payable to, for, or in respect of the participation of the Prize Winner or the entrant in the publicity events, and
• that the Prize Winner and/or the entrant and their selected guests will be participating in a public event and that third parties may take photographs, audio, video and film of the winner and their guests, which is beyond the control of AAI and for which AAI will not be responsible.
7. GENERAL RULES
AAI is not responsible for any failure to receive an entry for any reason including failure of internet connection or any other technical reason how-so-ever caused.
AAI, its related companies and agencies associated with this Competition, will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury, illness or death suffered or sustained (“Loss”) as a consequence of participation this Competition or as a consequence of the use and enjoyment of any part of the Prize, except where such Loss cannot be excluded by law.
AAI reserves the right to cancel the Competition or to amend or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time at its discretion, without liability, including after closing of entries and selection of a Prize Winner. Any decisions made by AAI, in relation to the Competition, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Where there is any inconsistency between any representations or marketing of the Competition and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.
Any request to access or correct your personal information should be directed to AAI, whose address for such requests is: Level 4, 46 Sale Street, Auckland, New Zealand, or by emailing email@example.com or calling 0800 224 678. AAI’s registered address is Level 17, AA Centre, 99 Albert Street, Auckland.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.