Employee Theft Insurance

Looking for protection from employee theft? Get an Employee Theft insurance quote from New Zealand’s Most Trusted General Insurer. Live a little freer with AA Insurance.

Speak to a Small Business Insurance Consultant

0800 500 231

How can Employee Theft insurance help?

Sometimes people can surprise you, and not always in a good way. If an employee violates your trust by stealing money or goods belonging to your business, you can rest assured we’ll help you get back on track.

  • Theft of your money or goods

    We will cover you up to your sum insured if your employee steals money or goods belonging to your business.

  • Ex-employees

    We will also provide cover for theft which is committed by an ex-employee if it occurs within 30 days of an employee’s employment agreement ending with you.

  • Social Club

    If an employee steals money which belongs to or is held in a trust by any social or sporting club which benefits your employees, we’ll pay you up to the sum insured.

Every business is unique, so give us a call on 0800 500 231 to discuss the best insurance options for you.

NZ's Most Trusted General Insurer

You can trust New Zealand’s Most Trusted General Insurer to protect your small business.

Learn More

Multi Policy Discount

Let’s make life and managing your business easier. The more you insure with us, the more you can save.

Learn More

Policy Document

This page is only a summary of key benefits, and application for cover is subject to underwriting acceptance. For full details, exclusions and limitations, please read the policy document.

Let's get things sorted

Speak to a Small Business Insurance Consultant

Call us on 0800 500 231

Request a callback
Get a quote online

Frequently asked questions

If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please contact us.

If I hire someone on a casual basis and they steal from me, am I still covered?

Yes. You have cover under your Employee Theft insurance policy regardless of whether the employee has been hired on a temporary or permanent basis.

Call us on 0800 500 231 to discuss your cover options.

Are my motor vehicles covered if they are stolen or damanged by an employee?

Employee Theft insurance only covers money and goods, not motor vehicles. These require separate cover under Commercial Vehicle insurance.

Call us on 0800 500 231 to discuss your options.