Direct Debit Terms and Conditions
Specific conditions relating to notices and disputes
AA Insurance Ltd (the Initiator) may only send a direct debit if I (the Acceptor) have:
- asked the initiator to send it, and
- agreed to the amount of the direct debit.
AA Insurance Ltd is required to give written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit no later than the date of the debit.
AA Insurance Ltd is required to give a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit in a series of direct debits no later than 10 calendar days before the date of the first direct debit in the series. The notice is to include:
- the dates of the debits, and
- the amount of each direct debit.
If AA Insurance Ltd proposes a change to an amount and/or date of a direct debit specified in the notice AA Insurance Ltd is required to give me notice no later than 10 calendar days before the change.
I may ask my bank to reverse a direct debit up to 120 calendar days after the debit if:
- I don’t receive a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit from AA Insurance Ltd or
- I receive a written notice but the amount or the date of debiting is different from the amount or the date specified on the notice.
If the bank dishonours a direct debit, AA Insurance Ltd may attempt to retake the amount from my bank account within five business days without further notice.
I may ask my bank to reverse a direct debit up to nine months after the date AA Insurance Ltd sends the first direct debit under the authority, if I am not reasonably satisfied that the authority authorised my bank to debit my account with the amount of the direct debit.