Home and Contents Insurance Package

Bring your home and contents insurance together and only pay one excess – the highest applicable excess - when you claim on multiple policies for one event.*

*If you claim under more than one policy with us for loss caused by a single event at the same location, you will only pay the excesses that are payable under one policy. An excess applies to each address listed on your policy schedule where there is loss or damage.

Trust Badge

Canstar Home and Contents Insurer of the Year.*

Use Promo Code: OFFER to grab a Prezzy® Card

Get a $150 Prezzy® Card with every new Home and Contents package. Offer ends 20 March 2024. View Offer.

Terms and conditions apply.


Cover for the unexpected

We'll help you recover from natural disasters and other damage to your home and contents.

We'll help get you back on your feet

In the event your home is damaged or destroyed by natural disaster we will repair, rebuild or pay you up to the total sum insured. If your home is damaged in any other event, you may receive more than the sum insured under our .

Temporary accommodation

We will pay reasonable costs up to $20,000 for for you, your family and your pets.

Helping you save

with higher excesses

Buy together and save.

AA Home Response

24/7 access to expert, reliable tradespeople in of New Zealand. Learn more

More reasons to choose us

Buy, manage, and claim online

New Zealand call centre

Personal Claim Manager

24/7 claims support

Cancel your policy anytime

Optional extras

Excess-free glass cover

This means you won't need to pay an excess if your claim is only for glass damage to your windows, doors, or built-in furniture.

$100 excess on eyewear

Reduce your to $100 for claims on spectacles, sunglasses and contact lenses.

Hearing aid cover

This means you won't need to pay an excess if your claim is just for your hearing aids.

Be mindful of

Check if you have enough cover for your home with this rebuild cost calculator, and enough cover for your contents with this contents calculator.

This page contains a summary of key benefits. Excesses, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to these policies. Please read the policy document for full details of cover. The provision of cover is subject to the underwriting criteria that apply at the time.

Home and Contents benefits

Core insurance protection

Peace of mind

Going the extra mile

Away from home

Optional extras

Optional extra:

Optional extra:

Optional extra:

Because you're with AA Insurance

Policy documents

Home and Contents Insurance

Additional documents

Looking for your or ? You can request these through My AA Insurance by navigating to the 'Your documents' section under the relevant policy.


If you have been in an accident

First, make sure that everyone is safe and out of danger - call an ambulance, the police or other emergency services departments if necessary.

What to do at claim time

A warning side next to a house.

Make sure your home is safe and secure

If your home has been damaged, make sure everyone involved is safe and, if you need to, call emergency services. For example, if there has been a theft, burglary or vandalism, or an attempt at these, call the police immediately. Once it's safe to do so, you should make sure your home is secure.

A staff at help desk answering a call

Submit a claim

Report your claim online, and one of our Customer Managers will get in touch within five working days. Or call us on 0800 500 216 if your situation is urgent - it will take about 15 minutes to lodge your claim. Let us know if your home is no longer safe or secure.

A guy and a cat sitting on a couch.

We'll get you sorted

A Customer Manager will keep you fully informed about your claim's progress. They will process your claim as quickly as possible, so that you can get back to normal.

Things to keep in mind

Two receipts next to another.

Proof of purchase

If you need to make a claim on your contents, receipts and valuations are a good way to show what you are claiming on. If you don't have a receipt of valuation, you can also use photos, financial statements or records kept by the shop where you purchased the item.

If your home is uninhabitable

If you can't live in your damaged home while it is being repaired or rebuilt, we'll cover the reasonable cost for for you and your family as part of your claim.

Gradual damage

Gradual damage is deterioration to property caused over time. As our policies are designed to cover sudden and unforeseen damage, we don't cover damages such as wear and tear, corrosion, mould, gradual deterioration, or depreciation of your contents. Limited cover is provided for hidden water damage.


Customer testimonial

Clarissa's story

We put our customers' needs first and pride ourselves on working with them to help eliminate stress and uncertainty.

That's why when Clarissa rang us after a car crashed into her house, we responded quickly and made sure her family was safe.

"Within a month or so, we had a brand new fence, just like the old one and you couldn't tell the difference"