How to make a claim after the November 2016 earthquake - AA Insurance
Auckland, 14 November 2016 – If your home or contents has been damaged there is no rush to make a claim – the first priority is the safety and welfare of you, your family, and your pets, says AA Insurance.
However, if you need urgent repairs to make your home safe, or if you need temporary accommodation call us on 0800 500 216. We’re waiting to help.
For customers not in immediate need, there’s no rush to make a claim. EQC will be taking care of the first $115k of house and $23k of contents damage (inc gst).
Follow these steps to make a claim:
- Ring your insurer first if you need temporary accommodation or urgent repairs.
- Then, if you have minor or moderate earthquake-related damage to your home or contents, you should contact EQC.
- You can lodge a claim by contacting EQC directly, or make a claim online via the EQC website.
- EQC will then let us know that you’ve made a claim with them.
- You have three months to make your claims with EQC for any non-urgent repairs, so you have time to look after any critical matters first.
About AA Insurance
AA Insurance has demonstrated trusted expertise in home, contents, and car insurance in New Zealand since launching in 1994. We’re a joint venture between New Zealand Automobile Association and Suncorp Group, and we employ over 650 staff - who are all based in New Zealand - to look after nearly 350,000 customers and over 650,000 policies.
We proudly support youth charity Blue Light, and have been consistently recognised by: Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Brands (since 2011), NZ Insurance Industry Awards (since 2012), IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Survey (since 2008), Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customers (2011-2016), and the Colmar Brunton Corporate Reputation Index (since 2015) that recognises New Zealand’s most successful companies.
For more information please contact:
Arwen Vant, Botica Butler Raudon Partners, (09) 303 3862, 021 484 232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about...
Corporate Communications Specialist (Public Relations), AA Insurance
Corporate Communications Specialist (Corporate Affairs), AA Insurance
Account Director, Botica Butler Raudon Public Relations
Marketing and sponsorship enquiries