How to make a claim after the November 2016 earthquake - AA Insurance
Auckland, 14 November 2016 – If your home or contents has been damaged there is no rush to make a claim – the first priority is the safety and welfare of you, your family, and your pets, says AA Insurance.
However, if you need urgent repairs to make your home safe, or if you need temporary accommodation call us on 0800 500 216. We’re waiting to help.
For customers not in immediate need, there’s no rush to make a claim. EQC will be taking care of the first $115k of house and $23k of contents damage (inc gst).
Follow these steps to make a claim:
- Ring your insurer first if you need temporary accommodation or urgent repairs.
- Then, if you have minor or moderate earthquake-related damage to your home or contents, you should contact EQC.
- You can lodge a claim by contacting EQC directly, or make a claim online via the EQC website.
- EQC will then let us know that you’ve made a claim with them.
- You have three months to make your claims with EQC for any non-urgent repairs, so you have time to look after any critical matters first.
About AA Insurance
AA Insurance is an independently operated, New Zealand-based joint venture between the New Zealand Automobile Association (NZAA) and Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited (VINZL). Since 1994 we have demonstrated trusted expertise in home, contents and car insurance in New Zealand, and in 2018 introduced commercial small business insurance. We underwrite our own policies and sell direct to New Zealanders. Our 750+ staff look after 430,000 customers with nearly 850,000 policies.
We proudly partner with Eden Park, support youth charity Blue Light, and have been consistently recognised by: Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Brands (since 2011), Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customers (2011-2018), and the Colmar Brunton Corporate Reputation Index (since 2015) that recognises New Zealand’s most successful companies. Last year, AA Insurance was also named Consumer’s 2019 People’s Choice award winner for car, home and contents.
For more information please contact:
Nicole Steven, Botica Butler Raudon Partners, (09) 303 3862, 021 025 31886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org