What to do if you need to leave your home after the earthquake - AA Insurance
Auckland, 14 November 2016 – AA Insurance is urging customer affected by this morning’s earthquake activity to focus on keeping themselves, their family and pets safe before making a claim.
EQC will be taking care of the first $115k of house and $23k of contents damage (inc gst). However, if you need urgent repairs to make your home safe, or temporary accommodation, call us on 0800 500 216. We have staff available to help with your queries.
This may mean you need to leave your home. If you do, and it’s safe to do so, then take these steps. And don’t re-enter a severely damaged building if it seems unsafe.
- Turn off the power, gas and water
- Secure your home as well as you can
- If possible, pack fragile items away until the aftershocks subside
- Take any easily portable valuables or documents with you; secure your contents as well as possible
- Make sure your pets are safe and keep them with you if you can
- Check on neighbours, especially if they live alone, are elderly or vulnerable
- Text rather than call family and friends to keep from overloading the phone lines
About AA Insurance
AA Insurance is an independently operated, New Zealand-based joint venture between the New Zealand Automobile Association (NZAA) and Vero Insurance New Zealand Limited (VINZL). Since 1994 we have demonstrated trusted expertise in home, contents and car insurance in New Zealand, and in 2018 introduced commercial small business insurance. We underwrite our own policies and sell direct to New Zealanders. Our more than 700 staff look after over 385,000 customers with around 745,000 policies.
We proudly partner with Eden Park, support youth charity Blue Light, and have been consistently recognised by: Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Brands (since 2011), IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Survey (since 2008), Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customers (2011-2018), and the Colmar Brunton Corporate Reputation Index (since 2015) that recognises New Zealand’s most successful companies.
For more information please contact:
Nicole Steven, Botica Butler Raudon Partners, (09) 303 3867, 021 025 31886 or email email@example.com
Find out more about...