What to do if your home is damaged in the earthquake - AA Insurance
Auckland, 14 November 2016 – While customers affected in this morning’s earthquake are being advised to look after their own safety first, AA Insurance is ready to help with temporary accommodation and urgent repairs to make homes safe.
For customers not in immediate need, there’s no rush to make a claim. EQC will be taking care of the first $115k of house and $23k of contents damage (inc gst).
Take these steps in order to help with your EQC claim, and to keep your home safe after damage has occurred.
- Keep or take photos of any damaged items, including spoilt food if your power has gone off
- If possible, pack fragile items away until the aftershocks subside
- Keep clear of broken windows or roofs
- Take care when cleaning up broken glass or securing roofing
- Remove any fallen debris from footpaths and walkways, if you can do this safely
- If your vehicle has been severely damaged do not attempt to drive it
- AA Insurance customers should call 0800 500 216 for any further information
About AA Insurance
AA Insurance has demonstrated trusted expertise in home, contents, and car insurance in New Zealand since launching in 1994. We’re a joint venture between New Zealand Automobile Association and Suncorp Group, and we employ over 650 staff - who are all based in New Zealand - to look after nearly 350,000 customers and over 650,000 policies.
We proudly support youth charity Blue Light, and have been consistently recognised by: Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Brands (since 2011), NZ Insurance Industry Awards (since 2012), IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Survey (since 2008), Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customers (2011-2016), and the Colmar Brunton Corporate Reputation Index (since 2015) that recognises New Zealand’s most successful companies.
For more information please contact:
Arwen Vant, Botica Butler Raudon Partners, (09) 303 3862, 021 484 232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about...
Corporate Communications Specialist (Public Relations), AA Insurance
Corporate Communications Specialist (Corporate Affairs), AA Insurance
Account Director, Botica Butler Raudon Public Relations
Marketing and sponsorship enquiries